India is lucky to have lot of experienced Specialist in dental implant procedures. Yet, the average cost ranges between INR 15000 to INR 45000 ($230 to $700). There are lot of factors which can influence the rate. The main factors influencing the rates are:
- Implant company: There are various companies offering implants which may differ in quality of material used to make implants, design of the implant which may influence the stability of the implant etc.
- Material used to make implant: Dental implants are made of alloy of titanium. Titanium 6AL4V and 6AL4V ELI (also known as Gr. 5 and Gr. 23), alloys made of 6% Aluminum and 4% Vanadium, are the most common types of titanium used for making dental implants. Ti-6Al-4V and Ti-6Al-4V ELI offer greater fracture-resistance when used in dental implant. Though Grade 3 is the minimum standard prescribed by Regulatory Bodies, Most of the comapanies prefer using Grade 5 Titanium.
- Implant Design: Design of Dental Implant is one of the important factor for Success of Dental Implant procedure as it helps in osseointegration of the implant to the Bone. At the same time, it also helps in minimizing accumulation of plaque which may result in Bone loss and subsequently failure of the implant. Most of the endosseous implant have evolving designs which are rapidly changing as dentists report to manufacturers regarding various problems faced in existing design. The implant with better design will cost more. As always, Basic implant design is paramount for success of implant, but some minor variation in design are too insignificant to justify the cost benefit and your dentist is best person to decide which implant design to use.
- Experience of the doctor/doctors providing implant treatment: Another factor affecting cost of the Dental Implant procedure is the experience of the dentist. Though, it doesn’t mean that the dentist offering Cheaper Dental Implant is lesser experienced. Those dentists who have high volume of Dental Implants placement are able to overcome the initial expense on training, amount spent on procurement of machines used for dental Implants etc. and over a period of time are able to provide dental implant services at much cheaper rate. Yet, Dental Implantology is a multi-diciplinary field requiring specialist like Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon (who specializes in placement of implant in body), Periodontist (Specialist of tissues surrounding the tooth/implant and is specialist to maintain health of the implant once it is placed) and Prosthodontist(one who places the tooth over the implant, well that why you opted for dental implant in first place). Most of the dentist are capable of providing all the three services on their own. But in advanced cases, if a Centre is providing services of all the three specialists, that centre is capable of placing implants where other implantologist feel not so confident. Hence, the charge may be bit higher in such centres
- Prosthetic components being used: Prosthetic component means the cap or crown placed over the implant. It is the actual tooth you see in your oral cavity. It can be of different material also ranging from metal (least expensive) to zirconia (most expensive). Porcelein fused to metal is popular choice amongst dentist as well as patient owing to it’s good esthetics and cost effectiveness. You can ask your dentist about merits and demerits of these and he will be happy to guide you.